Whether content editing a novel, coaching an author on the performance of a short narrative nonfiction piece, or copyediting a blog post, Anastasia is dedicated to helping writers bring their stories to the page, stage, and screen. She holds a copyediting certificate from UCSD Extension and has considerable experience in developmental editing, copyediting, and coaching.
- Evaluation/Beta read (overall structure, general notes)
- Developmental/Content Edit (assessing character arcs, plot, pacing, etc.)
- Copyedit (sentence-level editing, including spelling, grammar, consistency of style, word choice, and detail verification). This can be combined with a developmental edit.
- One-time or weekly feedback on written work
- Performance coaching for spoken word, author readings, and other public speaking engagements.
For rates and availability, email Anastasia at anastasia.zadeik.com (please include a description of the project and services sought.) Thank you!
Anastasia was recommended to me by a well-known San Diego writer, and I could not be more thankful for that connection. Anastasia greatly improved my dense and wandering manuscript, giving it the clarity, presence, and impact it deserved. I wish I'd found her sooner! I can wholeheartedly recommend her for all your developmental support and copy-editing needs. Thanks to her, my book sold out and catapulted my business and thought leadership to global readership. Thank you, Anastasia!
- Dr. Tamsin Woolley-Barker
Evolutionary Biologist, Anthropologist, Speaker, Bestselling Author of Teeming
Anastasia is an incredibly efficient and effective writing coach. She is gracious, resourceful, communicative, and eloquent. I very much appreciate all she has done to make me a better writer and couldn't recommend her more highly.
- Peter McDowell
Peter McDowell Arts Consulting
Strategy and Fundraising for Artists, Filmmakers, and Arts Organizations
Anastasia held an inspiring vision of my book from the very beginning and whenever my confidence faltered, she was there with empathy and skill to boost me up and move me forward. Every assignment she took on was vastly improved by her brilliant editing. I am so grateful for her presence in my life.
~ Suzanne Spector, Ph.D.
Author of Naked at the Helm: Independence and Intimacy in the Second Half of Life